CGA-Canada is well positioned to contribute to the development of the accounting profession worldwide as a result of its vast experience accumulated over a period of almost 100 years. CGA-Canada is globally recognized for:
- Its contributions to international accounting standard-setting
- Leading edge education and certification programs
- Public policy research, and
- Advocacy initiatives
CGA-Canada is committed to the growth of the profession, both nationally and internationally, and is willing to share its knowledge with organizations in other countries which are aiming to attain International Standards through the development of their own accounting profession.
For more information on CGA-Canada’s education products, click here.
For more information on CGA-Canada’s Consultancy services and Partnership opportunities, click here.
Examples of CGA-Canada’s international development activities include involvement with the World Bank’s Report on the Observance of Standards and Codes-Accounting and Auditing modules:
- Acting as peer reviewer for the reports in the Dominican Republic and Honduras.
- Providing international consultancy for the Azerbaijan report, writing key sections on auditing standards and practices, as well as accounting education and training; and developing key recommendations for strengthening the country’s financial reporting regime.
CGA-Canada has also participated in capacity-building initiatives, including the provision of policies, procedures, and other training materials, the development of action plans and the organization of study tours.
For further information on CGA-Canada’s International Development activities contact:
Lyle Handfield, FCGA
Vice–president, International and Corporate Affairs
Phone: 1 (604) 605-5070