- In response to growing concern regarding the pensions situation in Canada, the Certified General Accountants Association of Canada (CGA-Canada) issued a report on defined benefit pension plans in June of 2004.
- The goal of “Addressing the Pensions Dilemma in Canada” was to:
- advance understanding of defined benefit (DB) pension plans along with inherent risks and imperfections;
- impart a reasonable estimate of the standing of DB pension plans at December 31, 2003; and
- explore potential remedies for consideration.
CGA-Canada | Last Updated: June 9, 2004